There are tons of choices when it comes to generator sets for camping, but there are only a few that we can qualify as the best generators for camping. With all the different choices and options you have to consider which one is best for you? We will be addressing portable camping generators as opposed to the larger RV generators.
Jump to Our> Best Generator For Camping
Best Generator for Camping
- Quiet generator for camping – you have to consider the noise level that your generator emits. You do not want other campers in the area kicking you out of the campsite because of a noisy generator. What you need is a quiet generator which is suitable for your camping needs. You will usually place your generator set near your RV/Camper or campsite area which means that you have to have it at a minimum noise level.
- Small, compact, portable generator for camping – you also have to consider bringing a small portable generator for camping and not those heavy home generators. Honda, Yamaha and other manufacturers have designed compact inverter generator sets which are ideal for camping.
- Run time – The number of hours your generator set should be able to provide should be at least 8 hours. With a full tank of fuel, you should be able to rely on steady power that will keep running the whole night. You wouldn’t want to wake up in the middle of the night just to fill the tank with gas and then go back to sleep. You should be able to rely on a generator set that can run through the night.
What should you look for when buying a camping generator?
When buying a generator set for camping you should consider the factors above plus these:
- PRICE: Price is always a big factor when purchasing anything, much more in buying an investment which can be about a thousand dollars or so. There are cheaper generator sets which are just a couple hundred dollars but the generators which are more reliable and compact, are mid range priced.
- RELIABILITY AND DURABILITY: These two should go hand in hand. You do not want repairing your generator set in the middle of nowhere without the proper tools. Instead of enjoying a night outdoors camping you are repairing a cheap generator at 3 am….
- WARRANTY: You also want your generator set to have long term warranty especially if you do not want to tinker with your generator if it bogs down on you. A generator with longer warranty usually are the generators that are reliable and durable. Some would say, “you get what you pay for.”
Reliable Generators for Camping:
The Yamaha Inverter Generator is one of the best generator sets for camping because it is super quiet. You can practically take this inside your tent and you will still be able to sleep. It only has 51.5 dBA which is really quiet for a generator set. It is a bit expensive though for a generator set. The money is well worth it though. Read Our Full Yamaha EF2000 Review, to learn more or read more Current Yamaha Pricing Here⇒
The Honda EU2000i is also ideal for camping because of the run time it provides on a full tank of gas. The advanced inverter technology in this Honda generator makes it more fuel efficient thereby providing you with more run time and less re-fueling time. Read Our Full Honda Review or read more Current Honda Pricing Here⇒
This generator set also should be considered when looking for the best generator sets for camping because it is easy to transport. It looks sleek and lightweight. It only weighs 80 lbs and has wheels for easier maneuverability during transport. It is relatively quiet and offers a 2 year warranty.
Read Our Full Champion Power Review or read more Current Champion Pricing Here⇒
More Camping Generator Options