Choosing the right generator for your needs will call for a clear understanding of the options so that you can pick the best value you’re your money. Studying up on Generac generators reviews might reveal a lot of information you can use. The Generac iX2000, for example, has a lot to offer in comparison to other generators. Although there are cheaper options, this is a solid unit manufactured by one of the top names in the generator industry.
Generac Portable Generator Features
- First, it’s compact and light – up to 40% lighter than a generator of comparable watts. The Generac portable generator design also incorporates a handle that makes it easy to lift and move.
- It’s also remarkably quiet for a generator of its capacity, which is sure to be appreciated. If you’re using it to power a TV or laptop – which it can of comfortably do – you’ll want to be able to hear what you’re using. This “ultra quiet” nature makes it a good choice for use during events as well.
- FlexPower Operating Modes allow it to reduce noise and save fuel while doing it. The high capacity mode is good for battery charging and usage requiring large loads, and eco mode is good if you want to conserve fuel and your energy need isn’t particularly sizeable.
- The LED indicators allow quick checking of system status, while integrated electronic circuit breakers go above and beyond the usual generator’s offerings and help protect against power overloads. The included manual is also helpful in giving you instructions for tracking the usage, which complements these indicators well.
- The Generac iX2000 is an especially good buy for life on the road, as the use of inverter technology makes its power clean and stable with greatly minimized harmonic distortion (below 3% to be precise). This makes this Generac invertor generator a good call for powering laptops, tools, TVs and more when camping or tailgating or on other long trips. Other owner reviews have made it fairly clear how popular this unit is for tailgaters.
- Most complaints about the Generac iX2000 seem to mention the choke lever, which tends to be one of the first parts to break (sometimes even in transit). Watch out and be careful using this part.
- Some complaints have mentioned unexpectedly significant engine vibration, although others note that this is easily avoided with good maintenance.
- It’s not THE quietest on the market – some owner reviews point to one or two other models that outdo it.
GENERAC iX2000 Conclusion
The Generac iX2000 tends to appear at a good price, and is usually part of some lightning sales that might catch your eye. It’s a better value at a lower price, of course, but make sure to maintain it properly so that it continues to run well however long you have it. It’s surprisingly powerful for its comparatively lighter-weight frame, and it’s good as a supplementary piece that can be taken on the road for camping trips and other such uses. The dual FlexPower modes give you a bit of flexibility, as the name suggests, and the efficiency is reasonable for the price.
Power generators are an expensive investment, many will tell you, and many are starting to look at Generac power generators and studying Generac generators prices to see if they are a better deal than the competition. The overall assessment is that they tend to be, although it’s best to make sure you get one from a reputable dealer who will work with you to make sure all the parts and pieces are in good working order. Helping you maintain and run the unit properly should also be a clear priority so that your investment continues to hold up. Read iX2000 Owner Reviews Here⇒