When looking for a portable generator it is but almost natural that you consider Honda generators for sale. Honda generators are reliable which make them one of the top choices when it comes to generators. Below is our full review which covers what we think are essential points when investing in a back-up power supply for your home or a generator system for your camping needs.
Portable Honda Generator Product Details
- 2000 watts/16.7 amps @ 120V of maximum power
- advanced inverter technology
- 45 pounds
- Made in Japan
- Fuel efficient – runs up to 9.6 hrs on 1.1 gal
- Eco-Throttle System, the EU2000i offers great fuel efficiency
Honda EU2000i Pros
- Weight – The weight makes this small portable generator easy to transport. It only weighs 45 pounds which makes it easy to carry. Even if it doesn’t have wheels for maneuverability it still is manageable to transport from one place to another.
- Noise – It doesn’t emit much noise as compared to diesel generators. Honda engines are super quiet. Its recorded noise level can be compared to the noise level of a normal conversation or even less. This make it perfect for a camping generator.
- Run Time – The inverter system makes it run up to 9.6 hours on a full tank. This is the ideal run time for portable generators needed for overnight camping. It runs only up to 4 hours though if you use it on a full load.
- Rugged Build – Because of its rugged build you can practically transport it anywhere on a daily basis. The rugged build makes it easy for you to throw it around without worrying about the sensitivity of its control panel. This small generator set should not be mistaken for its rugged build.
- Advanced Inverter Technology-This is not just designed for fuel efficiency but also for reliability. The technology makes sure to constantly deliver uninterrupted power supply when you need it. The advanced inverter technology is primarily designed for it to run more hours. You can certainly rely on the technology to give you more power and more run time.
- Price – It is not that affordable. Since it is a Honda generator, you should expect that it is more expensive than other Chinese made generators. But the price is well worth it because of durability and reliability.
- Start method – It doesn’t have an electric start like most newer models. It would be a good addition for ease of use. You still have to crank it up and choke it if you have a hard time starting it up.
- Small fuel tank – It only can take a little more than a gallon which makes it run as low as 4 hours only on a full load. Better fuel consumption is left to be desired. 1.5 gallons could be better for more run time but it will make the generator set less portable.
Overall Impression of The Portable Honda Generator
Buy it because it is a reliable generator set which is portable in every way. If there is one portable generator set which is ultra durable, it is this honda generator eu2000i. Although it is not that cheap, it still is value for money. It can power a microwave, a small generator and small air-conditioning units. At 2000 watts, this small generator holds a steady supply of electricity for basic survival appliances.
The Honda generator is a name to rely on when it comes to portable generator sets. It is recommended for people who go out for camping. It is not really advisable as a standby or home generator but can power multiple survival appliances when there is a power outage. It is best use for those who go love the outdoors. Honda Owner Reviews⇒
Full Honda Generator Lineup: