An ultra portable power supply is one of the best companions a camper can ask for. If you are looking for an ultra portable generator, Yamaha might just have the answer. This small generator promises to deliver innovative inverter technology which produce clean and reliable energy. Yamaha generators have made a name in the industry because of this inverter technology. The Yamaha 2000 generator is one of the most portable and yet efficient generators out in the market.
Here is a full review of how we think this generator performs:
Yamaha Portable Generator Product Details
- 1600 watt rated AC output, 2000 watt maximum AC output, 13.3/16.7 amps @ 120V
- Super-quiet muffler with USFS-approved spark arrestor – 51.5 dBA at 1/4 load
- Smart Throttle varies engine speed based on load – improves fuel economy and reduces noise
- Inverter system with Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) control
- CARB Compliant
- Made in Japan
- Ultra Portable – This is the lightweight option. You can carry it with you anywhere. At 55 pounds, it is ultra portable and can be hand carried taken to boats, camp sites, and can also serve as backup power at home.
- Fuel Efficient – The print says it is fuel efficient and can stay running for up to 10 and a half hours. The EF2000iS was specifically designed to make this generator respond to electric back up needs without dissipating efficiency. It dynamically adjusts to the needs of the user. The dual coil alternator stator lowers engine speed which reduces fuel consumption. This technology is what makes this generator system worth purchasing.
- Run Time – Surprisingly a small Yamaha 2000 generator like this can run up to 10 and a half hours. We were surprised that the print actually is close enough to what it promises. The run time is definitely a good purchase factor in this generator system.
- Design – The design is ergonomic that you can carry it like a bag. With its easy-to-carry design, you can conveniently carry it with you anywhere. Its push start button makes it start up very easily. All controls are on one side which makes it easier for the user to control the generator. The fuel gauge is easy to read which you won’t see on a Honda.
- Minimal Noise – It has noise reduction technology built within the system that makes it absorb the noise it produces. The glass wool construction helps in dampening the noise. It keeps noise to a minimum that you can keep it inside the house while it supplies electricity to your appliances. The generator set is really, really quiet at all speeds.
- Dual Generator option – If you want more power, you can connect two Yamaha ef generators. You can hook up two generators to power up more appliances. This is also know as running generators in parallel.
- Price – Downside, it costs a lot of money. With the technology put in this generator, you won’t be able to buy this cheap. There certainly are cheaper generators available, but not of this caliber.You can rely on the brand name and the technology its engineers have invested in it but it will also drill a hole in your pocket.
- Reliability – After a couple of uses it seems to be less reliable. The oil spills on the side, the run time is lesser than the print. There are some defective yamaha ef2000is for sale out in the market. They should recall them and give a replacement. A thousand dollar investment is no joke and you should be able to rely on it.
- Warranty along with Poor Service – Warranty is supposed to be 3 years but when you call Yamaha to help you out; their response time is slow which makes the warranty almost consumed while the unit is not maximized for use.
Who Should Buy The Yamaha Portable Generator
It is ideal for boat owners, campers and home owners who are always on the go. If you love the outdoors and need electricity with you to run for hours on end, this is the perfect solution. Unlike other big and bulky portable generator sets, this is the perfect portable, lightweight generator that you should buy. It is not really a good alternative for power outages. It can only supply electricity to few survival appliances which makes it not recommended for home generator.
Why Buy The Portable Generator by Yamaha
It is ideal for camping and tail gaiting parties. Buy it because it is light weight and ultra portable. Buy it because of the technology that is in the generator set. If you are the outdoor type of person who loves camping, boating and doing a lot of outdoor activities that need electricity, this is perfect for you. Its ultra portability makes this a favorite among campers.
If you want to watch football outdoors, this is perfect for you. This is a favorite of people who are into tailgating. The tailgating season is just the perfect opportunity to use this unit.
There are different Yamaha generator reviews out online but if you look at the very point of each of the reviews it all boils down to this: Yamaha is technology driven, expensive and still needs improvement in terms of service. Overall, it is impressive because of its portability but questionable in its reliability. Make sure you take good care of the unit so that you won’t have problems with replacing it or repairing it. This is not to be compared to Chinese knock off generators though. It is no comparison to them in terms of the noise and weight factors. Read Yamaha Owner Reviews Here⇒
Full Yamaha Generator Lineup: